Meet Joe Slusser. An avid sports fan from Waterloo who enjoys concerts, video games, keeping up on current events, and of course, watching Michigan football and basketball. Joe has worked as a Customer Service Representative at our Dexter branch since 2019.
“I enjoy getting to know our regulars and developing a rapport with them,” Joe states. “Helping people that have real needs is what I like most about working at CSB. Whether it’s helping the elderly customers with their accounts or helping those customers looking to make a first purchase, like a house or car, I am happy to help.”
Joe first started his career in customer service while attending Grand Valley State University. “I was a valet for Amway Grand Plaza Hotel in Grand Rapids for some time. Driving the nice cars was definitely a plus,” laughs Joe.
When Joe is not helping customers at CSB, you might find him at a music festival like Bonnaroo, fishing for bass out on South Lake, or golfing with friends. Joe also appreciates family time. If he isn’t spoiling his little niece Abby, he is traveling to unique sporting events with his brother (like any true sports fan would). This year they went to the Purdue vs. Northwestern game at Wrigley Field in Chicago.
Other fun facts about Joe!
- What is your favorite food? I have been getting into Indian food lately. I would say my favorite dish is butter chicken.
- What is your favorite holiday, and why? 4th of July. Usually spent hanging out on a boat swimming and fishing.
- What is on your favorite playlist? Favorite bands are Tame Impala, Tyler the Creator, and My Morning Jacket. My favorite song right now is “Walkin” by Denzel Curry.
- TV show you can’t miss? Attack on Titan
- Favorite quote? “Do, or do not. There is no try.” -Yoda
- What area do you live in and for how long? Waterloo. I’ve been there for a year