Meet Nancy Weir – one of the kindest people you will meet at Chelsea State Bank and in the city of Chelsea – she always has a smile for you! A lifelong Chelsea resident, Nancy is Assistant Vice President and Supervisor of Deposit and Loan Operations at Chelsea State Bank. She began her career with Chelsea State Bank in the Loan Accounting Department in 1987, progressing through the Accounting and Operations Department over the last 32 years. She was promoted to her current position in 2018.
“I began in Loans, then became a Customer Service Representative, then moved on to operations, then to Supervisor and was promoted to Assistant Vice President in 2018,” explained Nancy. “I have enjoyed the opportunity to work in numerous areas of the bank as well as with various people. I also remember fondly all of the senior individuals that I have had contact with over the years.”
Many area residents will remember Nancy from the Chelsea Community Fair Livestock Auction. Nancy was involved with Chelsea State Bank’s clerking at the Auction, progressing to managing the process from 2010 to 2019. “I spent many years volunteering at the livestock auction, and it was great fun. I especially loved to see all the animals.”
Nancy received her Bachelor of Science degree in English from Central Michigan University. Asked why she choose to work at Chelsea State Bank, Nancy explained, “It’s not so much why I chose CSB but why I chose to stay throughout my career. I was given opportunities to grow and expand my knowledge. I have enjoyed the people who have become just like family in many ways.”
When not in the office, Nancy enjoys gardening, her dog, music, fixing up her house, crafting, her family, and spending time in nature. “The out-of-doors is a great place to be!”
Fun Facts about Nancy Weir!
- What do you like most about your work at the Bank? The fun and wonderful co-workers.
- What is your favorite pastime? Spending time with my Mom and dog enjoying life.
- What are your hobbies? Enjoy crocheting and watching a good historical movie.
- What is your favorite food? German Knoeffles like my Grandmother used to make.
- What is your favorite holiday, and why? Thanksgiving because it is all about family.
- What is on your favorite playlist? I love all kinds of music from classical to country to rock.
- Current books you are interested in? I love a good mystery.
- TV show you can’t miss. I tend to watch all of the singing competitions – especially The Voice.
- What area do you live in and for how long? Have lived in Chelsea my entire life except for time at university.
- Family including pets! Currently live in Chelsea with Mom and dog.