Meet Lisa Baleja, Dexter Branch Manager. Lisa has led the Chelsea State Bank Dexter Banking Center team for the last six years. Customers and fellow cohorts will agree – Lisa has a keen business sense.
Lisa has a long and successful career in helping her customers and serving her community. When you meet with Lisa you can feel her business acumen. You can almost see her mind working as she is taking in all the information she needs to make informed decisions and help her customers and others in our communities.
Lisa joined Chelsea State Bank with a wealth of knowledge and experience in branch management, human relations, and customer satisfaction. She has a tremendous depth of customer relations expertise.
Before joining Chelsea State Bank in 2014, Lisa had over seven years of managerial experience in the competitive retail banking industry. Lisa also has almost 17 years of experience in retail management with the grocery industry and over three years in human resources.
“I like working at Chelsea State Bank because it is a smaller bank and aligns with my values of helping the customers and the community in which we live,” said Lisa. “I especially like that I am able to help customers with products and services that fit their financial needs. I particularly appreciate the fact that I have colleagues that understand what happens in the branches so we can all work together for the benefit of our customers.”
As Branch Manager, Lisa enjoys helping customers with all their financial needs – both personal and business. You can talk with Lisa about checking, savings, mortgages, loans, lines of credit and saving for retirement. Lisa’s business sense will help guide you into the right products and services for your lifestyle, budget, and goals – whether personal or business or both!
“One of the things I really enjoy about my work at the Bank is the fact that I have the opportunity to meet with new customers,” said Lisa. “Prospecting new businesses, in particular, allows me the flexibility and support to move through our community to promote the benefits of Chelsea State Bank.”
Lisa holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and Human Resources from the University of Michigan Dearborn. She is active in her church, Faith Lutheran Church-Dexter, and currently holds the position of Secretary of the Women of Faith. She also sits on the Dexter Community Fund advisory committee. She and her family reside in Dexter.
Fun Facts About Lisa!
- What do you like most about your work at the Bank? I enjoy the people I work with and knowing support is just a phone call away. Everyone respects each other.
- What is your favorite pastime? Spending time with family/friends
- What are your hobbies? Hiking, biking, camping, cooking
- What is your favorite food? Ice cream
- If you were stuck on an island, what would you bring? My 5 lb. poodle Bella, water and a good pair of shoes for exploring
- What is your favorite holiday, and why? Easter because it is in spring when everything is starting to bloom.
- What is on your favorite playlist? 60s-70s rock
- Current books you are interested in? Anything John Grisham
- TV show you can’t miss? Blue Bloods
- Favorite quote? “The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart.” Helen Keller
- What area do you live in and for how long? We have moved a few times in the last 5 years but have always stayed in the Dexter/Chelsea area. Currently reside in Dexter.
- Family? Husband, Wally, 3 dogs — Casey, 18-year-old poodle, Andy, 8 year-old Lhasa Poodle, and 7 year-old toy poodle Bella. One cat Lucy, 4 years old, who I rescued from the side of the road. Stepdaughter Becky and three grandchildren — Mitchell, Kyle, and Kayley.
- Anything else? Favorite color is purple