If you’ve ever had the opportunity to work with Dawn Kalusha, pass her in a hallway or neighborhood street or even talked with her on the phone – you experienced one of the most genuine smiles from any human being! And those smiles always lead to great conversation and unmatched customer service. In short – Dawn is a delight to work with at Chelsea State Bank.
Dawn has been in banking for nearly 30 years. She joined Chelsea State Bank as a Consumer Loan Officer in 2011 and was promoted to Assistant Vice President in 2012. Prior to joining Chelsea State Bank, Dawn was a Branch Manager and Loan Officer for another community bank. A genuine community banker, Dawn has had experience in many different positions at community banks including, Teller, Customer Services Representative, Assistant Office Manager, Office Manager, Payroll Assistant, Loan Processor, and Security Officer.
“In my banking career, Chelsea State Bank is by far the best place to work,” said Dawn. “I love being part of the CSB team and assisting my customers with financing options, whether they are looking at a new or used car, purchasing a home or refinancing their current home, or in need of a secured or unsecured loan, I help find the best option for them. The other thing I truly appreciate about lending to our community is the opportunity to build long lasting relationships with my customers.”
Dawn has also been instrumental in teaching financial literacy classes to local schools and presenting vital information to seniors, family, and friends at senior centers concerning the increase in elder abuse.
“My most rewarding experience at Chelsea State Bank has been working with customers to help them from being scammed and losing their hard earned money to scam artists,” explained Dawn. “Scammers target people of all backgrounds, ages, and income levels. Many Michigan elders in particular fall victim to some form of financial abuse in the form of fraud and embezzlement.”
Dawn reminds all customers, “you’re always welcome to call or come into our offices with any of your concerns regarding scams and learning about elder abuse prevention.”
A 2010 graduate of the Robert M. Perry School of Banking, Dawn also holds a license in Title Insurance and a Branch Manager certification from the Michigan Banker’s Association. Dawn is the treasurer of Stockbridge Community Outreach.
Some Fun Facts about Dawn!
- What is your favorite pastime? I enjoy spending time at our property in the UP fishing and trail riding on our ATV’s.
- What are your hobbies? Gardening, baking and spending time in the UP
- What is your favorite food? I enjoy lots of different food. I love food but would have to say my most favorite food is a good steak on the grill.
- If you were stuck on an island, what would you bring? A hammock and lots of bug spray.
- What is your favorite holiday, and why? Christmas is by far my favorite holiday. I love all the Christmas decorations, Christmas lights, and of course all the Christmas cookies. One of my favorite parts about it though is spending extra time with my family.
- What is on your favorite playlist? County/Classic Rock or any music I can move too.
- Current books you are interested in? Books on Michigan
- TV show you can’t miss? Any Crime Shows/Comedy shows/Netflix series
- Favorite quote? “You will face many defeats in life, but never let yourself be defeated.” “Be there for others, but never leave yourself behind. You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.“
- What area do you live in and for how long? Stockbridge most of my life
- Family? I live in Stockbridge with my husband Kelly. Together we have 3 grown children and 7 grandkids